Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Slumdog > Lucas


So i had the pleasure of watching Slumdog Millionaire the other day. HOLY CRAP! what a movie. I wont go into why I loved the film, because there are too many....but i did notice one thing... The acting was awesome, especially from the young kid actors. This got me to thinking. How did this film, which wasnt a blockbuster, with moderate funding, how do they find solid child actors? And how does a film Star Wars Episode one, with all the funding in the world cast this?

You cant tell me that Lucas didnt have access to every kid in the nation to find a good Anakin. But no. Think about it Episode 1 isnt all that bad. Darth Maul is a bad ass! Qui-Gon Jinn, cool! Obi Won, awesome! Anakin? AWFUL! He is the main reason the movie is the worst Star Wars film (I dont count the Clone Wars). There are plenty of good child actors out there, and I dont know if I will ever be able to forgive them for not taking more time to find one. 



Maybe its the dialogue, maybe its the direction, regardless, terrible.

1 comment:

  1. Oh shit obnoxious comment.... AH! Well I'll just repost what I put on your facebook wall.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBM854BTGL0&feature=related

    Maybe you can date her in 15 years...

    ReplyDelete